Article III – Membership
Section 1 –Membership
Member: Any adult Muslim, male or female, living within the area of central Illinois, may become a member of ICP by submitting a membership application form to the Secretary of the Executive Committee and by contributing to ICP.
Section 2 – Rights and Privileges
Members in good standing shall have the right to participate in the election process of the Executive Committee. Members have a responsibility to provide consultation and advice (shura) to the Advisory Council when necessary.
Section 3 – Good Standing
A member shall be considered to be in good standing if he or she meets all of the following requirements:
- Believes in the five pillars of Islam (the Shahada, Prayer, Fasting, Zakat and & Hajj)
- Believes in the six article of Iman (belief in Allah SWT, His angels, His books, His messengers, the Day of Judgment, and good & bad destiny)
- Practices Islam according to the Quran and & sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH as interpreted by his companions
- Performs congregational prayers at ICP
- Volunteers for at least 24 total hours per year in any of the ICP activities, and
- Makes financial contributions to ICP as specified on the membership form
Section 4 – Renewal
Membership shall be renewed annually. Members signed up for donations under the automatic withdrawal program shall have their membership renewed automatically