Islamic Center of Peoria seeking Full-Time Imam Applications
Islamic Center of Peoria (ICP) is seeking a full-time Imam to lead all of its religious activities and provide religious guidance to the community.
Provide Islamic religious guidance, practices, and leadership to the Muslim community in Peoria, IL according to the teachings of the Noble Quran and the Sunnah of Prophet Mohammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as per the understanding of his companions, establish and promote educational and extracurricular programs for children, youth and adults, lead the establishment of a unified Muslim community, welcoming to all Muslims from different backgrounds and culture, engage with the larger community to promote friendship and understanding between Muslims and non-Muslims. The Imam directly reports to the President of ICP.
- Lead the five daily prayers, Friday and Eid prayers, as well as lead/facilitate Ramadan prayers (taraweeh & tahajjud) and activities.
- Teach the deen of Islam & motivate Muslim adults and youth to practice on it by providing classes about Aqeedah, Tafseer, Seerah, Hadeeth, Fiqh etc.
- Connect with the Muslim youth and children through various programs managed by ICP, Daarul Uloom Islamic School and Bradley University MSA.
- Provide dawah activities in and around Peoria to invite non-Muslims to Islam.
- Facilitate the distribution of Zakat in the community.
- Facilitate funeral arrangements for the deceased Muslims.
- Provide Counseling to Muslim individuals and families.
- Seek and arrange guest scholars and speakers.
- Be a role model for the community at large.
- Conduct matrimonial services.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Conduct fundraising programs as requested by ICP.
- Provide consultation and report to the ICP Executive Board on religious matters, community issues, and Masjid activities.
- Must be an adult male Muslim.
- Be an expert in atleast one of the Islamic knowledge (Fiqh, Hadeeth, Aqeedah, etc). Have a bachelor degree or equivalent in an Islamic Studies field, and/or
- Have proven expertise as an Imam or Assistant Imam or Volunteer Imam and community leader and effective communicator.
- Be fluent in English as well as Arabic
- Have a good voice and his recitation of the Qur’an should be according to proper Tajweed rules.
- Memorize a good portion of the Quran to lead regular prayers.
- Ability to teach Quran with Tajweed
- Proven leadership and people skills
- Ability to interact with and relate to children, youth and the community of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Memorize the entire Quran
- Possess comprehensive knowledge in the Hadith and the Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH)
- Experience in teaching and explaining Islam to Non-Muslims
- Loves to come to Masjid for daily 5 times Salat
- Is highly motivated and initiative taker
- Has a dynamic personality and is a motivational speaker
- Looks at this role as a opportunity to get closer to Allah
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Last day of accepting application: Until Position Filled
- To apply, send the following documents to: email@example.com
- Cover letter of application
- Names and contact information of at least three professional references
- For more information about the position and our community, please visit www.icpeoria.org
Jazakum Allahu Khair
Islamic Center of Peoria